I've said it numerous times on this blog that I want to be with my sweet girl by May for her second birthday. This is still possibly only in the most God-powered way, but I'm haning on to hope. In honor of May being the fifth month of the year and the fact that were selected for Little Miss FIVE months ago and especially (thank you Jen) in honor of this entire adventure making us a FAMILY OF FIVE I am bring you a post of fives.
Five Facts About My Adoption
1. Our social worker has the same name that we'll be giving Little Miss with a slightly different spelling
2. The document that got messed up is being overnighted to our house and should be here by noon tomorrow.
3. There are a lot of things that I haven't let myself do/buy/think about until we are done with the paperwork because there is still a part of my heart that is very very afraid
4. My motto when it comes to adoption reading is "It's better to be scared than unprepared". Anyone else have a rhyming motto? I didn't think so. :)
5. Her room was supposed to be purple like mine when I was little, but it's actually cranberry and light pink and a sage green.
Five Facts Not About My Adoption
1. The boys' room was done in a Zanzibar animal theme (recently) and I've (more recently) decided I don't like it anymore and am trying to think of a reason that my husband will find reasonable to re-do it.
2. I'm in the process of working myself up to beginning exercising...again.
3. I had mastoiditis in California and it was more painful than giving birth without an epidural. I swear. Truly.
4. I am very low maintanance as far as women go and sometimes wish I was higher maintainance. :)
5. I'm enjoying the process of making my Adoption Flag Blankets way more than I thought I would.
Five Pictures of My Family
3. God's blessing on our finances