It’s been two years since I’ve done a “Fives” post. I’ve been so busy being chilled, relaxed, and stress-free that I guess I couldn’t be bothered to post anymore regularly than that. (That’s just a sneak peek of Little Princess Flower who has been begging to post again too). Regardless, here are a few Fives that might interest you.
Five Things About Me Previously Unknown to You:
1. Since we’ve moved I have been “unable” to maintain my weight watchers and have gained back almost all the weight that I lost. Crazy discouraging. I did lose over a pound this past week, but our vacation is probably not going to move that number along.
2. I have a set of vocabulary books on my shelf from 5th grade. I have no idea why.
3. Sometimes I let Pickle play on the ipad for the entire length of his rest time. Mama needs a break…
4. I grew up listening to country music and my mom’s Steve & Annie Chapman (when I asked for something “cool”). Andrew never fails to be horrified-amazed at my lack of musical culture.
5. I’ve only had a manicure/fake nails once (for my wedding) and I hated it, but at the same time I think I have fat fingers and ugly fingernails. It’s a wonder I make it through a day with all these troubles….
Five Things About the Kiddos (okay, six things to be fair):
1. Pickle just got a a short haircut (at his request) and I miss those long California baby locks like crazy!!
2. Pickle is also still not potty-trained. Seriously. If you think you can potty-train him I
dare you welcome you into my home with open arms. I will stand quietly off to the side while you fail. Fail hard. He is un-potty-trainable.
3. Boohoo thinks she’s going to be a princess for Halloween. She’s got another thing coming. Sorry, sugar, but we’re setting our sights a little higher than that even for an sugar-obsessed-pagan-teach-you-to-beg-undo-any-common-sense-by-taking-candy-from-strangers-holiday.
4. Boohoo is starting to draw things that are actually recognizable. So far we’ve seen a sunshine and a person (which is a sunshine with legs, lol).
5. Peanut loves science experiments. Unfortunately they put me in a homicide-suicide frame of mind. We’re trying to find a happy medium.
6. Peanut sleeps covered up by a cheetah patterned Snuggy because he thinks it imbues him with cheetah-speed.
Five Books on My To-Read List (which is what I keep instead of a To-Do list because how depressing would that be…)
1. “Yes, Chef: A Memoir' target=_blank>Yes, Chef: A Memoir” by Marcus Samuelsson
3. “After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family - 1968 to the Present' target=_blank>After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family - 1968 to the Present” by J. Randy Taraborrelli
4. “Home' target=_blank>Home” by Toni Morrison
5. “Name Your Link' target=_blank>Lyddie” by Katherine Paterson (this is part of an overarching goal to start buying and rereading some of the books that were my favorite when I was young)
Okay, let’s hear it. Tell me five things!