I just pulled out our Thanksgiving books that were tucked away in the garage and added them to the ones that I purchased this year. There is one board book, but most of these books are on the enjoyment level of the 2-6 year old crowd or a smidge above on the N.C. Wyeth one. Some are silly, three are multicultural, a few are historical, but most revolve around family preparations for Thanksgiving. This is clearly not a comprehensive list of Thanksgiving books, but it gets us through.
1. Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell
2. The Night Before Thanksgiving by Natasha Wing
3. The Pilgrim’s First Thanksgiving by Ann McGovern
4. Gracias, The Thanksgiving Turkey by Joy Cowley
5. N.C. Wyeth’s Pilgrims text by Robert San Souci
6. Thanksgiving at Our House by Wendy Watson
7. Over the River and Through the Wood by Lydia Maria Child
8. My First Thanksgiving by Tomie dePaola
9. Countdown to Thanksgiving by Jodi Huelin
10. Squanto’s Journey by Joseph Bruchac
I’m working on several Christmas lists because my collection of Christmas books is embarrassingly long. I’m kind of the Queen of them and despite my vow not to buy any this year I’ve already bought two. Clearly, I have a problem.
Just as a helpful book shopping tip I love Homeschool Library Builder to find gently used children’s books. If you haven’t checked them out you’re missing a great resource. They run discounts frequently and I’ve never received a book in a condition that I didn’t expect. Several of my books came from there and if you do shop there please mention my email address Zehlahlum at gmail.com and I’ll get a little reward of book points. The links to Amazon are affiliate links as well and if you buy from there I’ll receive a few (very few) coins toward my next book purchases.